Sliced Steak and Arugula Salad
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Number of Servings: 4 servings
Special Notes: Since this salad is served at room temperature, you can prepare many of the ingredients in advance.
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/3 cups red or yellow beets, peeled, cooked, and cut into strips
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cooked, and cut into chunks
- 1 bunch baby arugula, stems removed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Chunk of Parmesan cheese, for shaving
- Preheat broiler and place broiler rack about 4" from heat source.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Broil steak for 4 minutes on each side. Set aside and cover lightly with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, beets, sweet potato, and arugula.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and mustard.
- Drizzle salad with dressing. Toss gently.
- Divide salad among four large plates. Slice cooled steak thinly and lay slices on top of salad. Grind some additional black pepper over salad. Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan over steak and salad.
Calories: 424; Fat: 27.0g; Saturated Fat: 7.0g; Protein: 30g; Carbohydrates: 14g; Fiber: 5g; Cholesterol: 62Mg; Sodium: 623Mg