Prep Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Special Notes: From the kitchen of Dreamfields Pasta For more recipes using Dreamfields Pasta, visit www.dreamfieldsfoods.com
- 6 pieces Dreamfields® lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini (1 small zucchini)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Boil lasagna noodles for 10 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water, drain well and cut in half. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook garlic for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, red onion and black pepper; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and cook for 3 minutes or until wine has evaporated. Add pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Combine pesto, ricotta and Parmesan in a small bowl.
Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup veggie sauce across the baking dish. Arrange 4 noodle halves over tomato mixture. Top noodles with one-third of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup tomato mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with noodles. Spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles; sprinkle with mozzarella.
Cover and bake at 375º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Info: ( Per serving, makes 6 servings)
Calories: 280; Fat: 11.0g; Saturated Fat: 4.0g; Protein: 17g; Carbohydrates: 19g; Fiber: 4g; Cholesterol: 20Mg; Sodium: 523Mg